Sunday Selections # 560

 Long ago, Kim of Frog ponds Rock, (who no longer blogs), dreamed up a meme called Sunday Selections. 

A place where those who were willing could put up photos they wanted to share, new, old, good, bad or indifferent, any photos you please. 

Nothing rude or vulgar though.

And we don't mind at all if overseas bloggers care to join us.

The meme is now continued by Elephant's Child and I occasionally join in as do a few others. Andrew is one.  Messymimi is another. Drop in to them and have a look.

Dr Bob is conducting his regular health checks. I'm sorry sir, you still appear to be very dead.

Meg is trying to do a headstand

Gillian offers to help

Riley: forget about that, come up here with us

Jordan: we can see for miles!

wow! we can see the entire room from up here!

out in the yard, it's winter and this tree, which has just finished dropping all its leaves, already has fat buds which will soon be blossoms causing me grief.

my hydrangeas also have new buds growing, yet still have leaves left on them from last summer

this philodendron leaf has been damaged almost from birth, I'll be cutting it off soon.

the monsteras have bright new leaves

and the umbrella trees too

crinkly new leaves on the pelargoniums

and the strappy leaves on the Caribbean lily are very long now, no sign of a flower spike yet though.

count them...SIX sulphur crested cockatoos. I'm going to have to get a bigger pan if they all keep coming around

 twin A at home, look at those tiny clasped fingers, have you ever seen anything sweeter?

 twin G at home, hands not clasped yet or they have just let go.





Comments

  1. Still very dead- hahahaha, Sweet tiny baby girls, I hope that you will get to hold them soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda Sue; I held them in the hospital, but now they are home way across town and out in the far suburbs, neither parent drives and I don't either, so I will have to wait. S is busy with the older boys school routines too.

      Delete
  2. I can never remember the names of the green things growing in the yard. I've got the names written down on a piece of paper somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mike; you need to attach those names to photos of the plants or write them on weatherproof spikes and poke them into the ground or pots.

      Delete
  3. Lovely little babies! So cute. The cockatoos are fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenn Jilks; these are the very first set of twins ever born in either family. The cockatoos don't come as often now and I will soon be stopping the seed supply.

      Delete
  4. We have leafless trees in bud here too. I hope they hold off for a bit, because the worst of winter is yet to come.
    The girls look like they are having fun - which we ALL need more of.
    Love the cockies (of course).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS: And how did I forget to say that the twins are beautiful? Which they are.

      Delete
    2. Elephant's Child; thank you, and I see a PS, so I'll clear the spam folder in just a minute.

      Delete
    3. Elephant's Child; I should remember to check the spam before I read the comments. I hope the rest of winter isn't too bad for your plants, although I know you prefer the cold.

      Delete
  5. Always love how the girls work together and always have fun.
    The clasped hands is precious. Don't think I have ever seen babies do that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Arkansas Patti; I absolutely LOVE the clasped hands :)

      Delete
  6. Heh, heh, Dr. Bob's exam! At first I was worried that Meg had been tripped by that cheery little elf guy. The twins are precious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Val; the cheery little elf guy doesn't do things like that. Not that I know of anyway. The twins are the most precious things in my life right now.

      Delete
  7. What's with the ghouls???

    More baby pics...less ghouls,please! Gorgeous little bubs...the dearest little babies.

    Take care, River...have a good week ahead...cuddles to the lovely Lady Lola. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lee; the skulls? Or the Day-of-the-Dead people? I just like them. I can't put any more baby pics, I don't have any new ones yet.

      Delete
  8. Dr Bob, there is always hope. Keep treatments ongoing.

    Are all these new leaves unusual at this time of the year?

    A and G look to be thriving. Hand clasping like that seems strange for one so young. Take some pride, grandma.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andrew; I fear it is too late for more treatment, Dr Bob says they have been dead too long now. I think the new leaves are a bit unusual, it's early winter and the frosty nights in late August may do some damage there. A and G are thriving, doing so well. I've never seen a tiny baby with clasped hands before. I'm very proud.

      Delete
  9. Redheads and babies! Wonderful post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joanne; it doesn't get much better than redheads and newborns :)

      Delete
  10. Poor still dead one, our Henry from the top of the bedroom-board says hi!
    Oh, your "winter", LOL.
    And the three last pics are soooo heart-warming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Iris Flavia; thank Henry for me, I love lions. I don't think the "still dead" one worries too much. I love the baby photos.

      Delete
  11. Wonderful selections, the "kids" are very adventurous and those babies most precious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. messymimi; thank you, I agree on both counts.

      Delete
  12. Replies
    1. yellowdoggranny; aren't they just perfect?

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

kitchen tip #?????

being unaccustomed to public speaking,

I've been trying to contact Haagen-Dazs