an extra post for your viewing pleasure

If you've read the earlier post, just below this one, you'll know that today is my birthday.

Go ahead, scroll down and read it. I'll wait here for you.

You're back now? Right then, let's get on with it.

I'd like to share with you here the card I got from my kids.
I KNOW K picked this one out, she has that knack of finding just the right card for the right person, the right occasion. 

the front: OK, you're a year older, and older than you've ever been before.
But you're a year younger than you'll be this time next year, and in fact, younger than you'll ever be again.
Did you follow all that?

the inside: Good, at least your mind is still working.
Happy Birthday!

She really is the very best person at choosing cards for all occasions.

K also made me these:

chocolate cupcakes with peppermint frosting. They're so yummy, I asked her for the recipe and she emailed me the link to the page.

My brother R, and his wife, the lovely V, sent me this card:

'To a special sister
This brings a special thank you for always being there
you're a Sister with a heart of gold who's full of loving care'

I love my family :)

and this is what Angel thinks of the whole thing:

"meh" wake me when it's my birthday.
 
 
 

Comments

  1. I got a card from Joe and two from Beau. None from my daughter, which made her day a happy one. So, I got depressed and went back to bed. I'm SO GLAD you have good kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got a card from Joe and two from Beau. None from my daughter, which made her day a happy one. So, I got depressed and went back to bed. I'm SO GLAD you have good kids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lotta joy; I'm glad I've got good kids too, an easy to raise, happy little tribe, who all loved each other and still do.

      Delete
  3. Happy Birthday River. Hope today has been wonderful. Love your cards xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Molly; thank you. my day has just begun here and I'm planning several blissful hours of napping and reading in bed.

      Delete
  4. Napping and reading in bed. Bliss! What beautiful cards chosen by beautiful people. And I'd love one of those cupcakes! Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Denise; thank you. The cakes are so yummy, I'm fighting the urge to get up and make a couple of dozen more.

      Delete
  5. Love your cards, and your cake, and your cat. All c words I notice.
    I hope the rest of your day is as wonderful. Happy Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elephant's Child; chocolate is another c word. I'm on a "c" food diet, there's chicken planned for dinner tonight, but I'm not cooking (another c word), I went and bought a cooked one. Thank you :)

      Delete
  6. I love your cards & the way Angel puts things in perspective!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. fishducky; the cards are great aren't they? angel is such a laid back cat, he's got his priorities right.

      Delete
  7. .. Happy Happy Birthday River.. so glad your family gave you lots of cards and smiles...
    the birthday cakes in the previous post are fabulous... great fun.. xxxxx
    have a wonderful day ... Barb xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barbara; thank you. The sleep-in didn't happen, the phone kept ringing with people wishing me a happy birthday, but I have naps planned for later.

      Delete
  8. A very Happy Birthday to you, River! I hope you have a wonderful day...one that extends from this day forth! :)

    The card is great...it proves K is a card!

    A big birthday hug to you...and one extra, just in case Angel forgets between his cat naps! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lee; thank you. K is a card alright, she has a wicked sense of humor, a bit on the dark side, matched by the rest of the family. I don't know where they get it from...

      Delete
  9. I only got one card, but several calls - does the same for me.
    Sounds like a pretty good day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. S.J.Qualls; I have two cards and enough phone calls to make me get out of bed. I'd planned on sleeping in and Angel was okay with that, but the phone rang at 7am and every few minutes after. They're all at work now, so I'll get a nap in soon.

      Delete
  10. I hope your birthday has been utterly and completely fantabulous, you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Cranky; it's been quiet and filled with little naps.

      Delete
  11. Sorry I'm late. Congratulations. I'd like a pavlova, I can't think of anything else that has so much of everything (apart from the girls at Coles Williamstown).

    ReplyDelete
  12. Curious. I am sure I left a comment wishing you happy birthday, but it is not here. Oh well, I am late to wish you happy birthday.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

kitchen tip #?????

being unaccustomed to public speaking,

I've been trying to contact Haagen-Dazs