Sunday Selections # 290



Welcome back to Sunday Selections!

This once-a- week-meme was originally begun by Kim of Frog Ponds Rock, as a way to showcase some of the many photos we all take, but don't get around to showing on our blogs.

The rules are very simple:-
1. post photos of your choice, old or new, under the Sunday Selections title
2. link back to me, River, somewhere in your post
3. leave me a comment so that I know you've joined in and can come over and see what you've posted.
4. hop on over to Elephant’s Child to see more of her wonderful photos.
 
I usually go with a theme for my Sunday Selections and this week I'm featuring a few things seen in town recently. 
The event was SALA, South Australian Local Artists, which goes for several days (weeks?) and around town there are exhibitions of local artists work to be seen. I photographed the following exhibits in Victoria Square.

I'd love to have this setting in my backyard. If I had a back yard.

this one too.

I love stuff like this!

here's that first one again.

this colourful pig,

is called a War Boar 

and is covered in whimsical flowers and faces,

and inspirational messages.

a little cross eyed, but he seems happy.

A Bus Full of Art, so of course I went in for a look-see.

the seats have been retained along one side, to hold paintings from various artists. The name of each artist is on each seat.

on the other side, seats have been removed to allow larger paintings to be hung. I asked and was granted, permission to photograph everything.

this was/is my favourite. If I'd had enough money I would have carried it home to hang in my lounge room. The angle doesn't do it justice, I should have stood directly facing it.

All of the pieces shown here were for sale at quite high, but fair, prices.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Comments

  1. I like the patio furniture. The pig, not so much. A mobile art museum - nice. I agree with your choice of favorites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. S.J.Qualls; the pig was interesting, but not something I'd want to buy or have in my yard. A big yes on the furniture though.

      Delete
  2. Is this an arty section of town? Studios and such? I love it all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joanne; this was in our Victoria Square, which used to be just grassed areas where people could sit and eat lunch or to just walk through admiring the fountain. Now it is fenced off a lot of the time for all kinds of events involving admission fees and lots of wine tents. I don't think we have a definite "arty" section of town, there's often bits and pieces in odd places.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. fishducky; there was more there, but not connected with SALA; there'd been a music festival of sorts there as well.

      Delete
  4. I am with fishducky. I loved it all. And of course the pig wasn't perfect - it wouldn't have fitted with the inspirational messages you showed if it was.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elephant's Child; I liked the pig, but I think after a while it would be the sort of thing no one would notice, once they'd read the messages. It would be a tourist attraction maybe. I was a little stunned at the price, which you can see if you enlarge the picture.

      Delete
  5. A colourful time you had, River! Such lot of fun. The cross-eyed cat is probably happy because he can see himself and what's coming towards him from left and right!

    Have a great week...cuddles to Angel. I hope his wound has cleared up. It won't take long for his fur to grow back. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lee; the cross eyed 'cat' is the pig, the War Boar. I like seeing colourful things like this in the city. Too often events are fenced off from the general public and admission fees are charged, so the riff-raff can't get in, only the wine quaffing set.

      Delete
    2. My apologies to the pig! :)

      Delete
  6. The bright and distressed furniture is good and how clever is the name of the pig, War Boar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andrew; I loved the furniture, it was metal so would get quite hot in the summer and would need cushions for comfort, but I loved it.

      Delete
  7. That art bus is WONDERFUL!! I want to start one to go around here with and load up all the local art to share around the county.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Granny Annie; that's a great idea and when you do, we'd love to see photos :)

      Delete
  8. WOW. Such amazing colours and so bright and vibrant. I can see why you were attracted to all these works. I would love to see that pic at your home as well. Shame you couldn't bring it home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Elf Christine; not only did I have the $$ but I also have no place to hang it. I'd have to take down all the family photos.

      Delete
  9. I like the last one but haven't any room on my walls for another painting. Some look just as nice propped up on the floor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JahTeh; I've had things propped up on the floor before, but I'd like that one where I can see it when I'm sitting at my table.

      Delete
  10. .. I love all this vibrant coloured 'Art', River. ...but I wouldn't want it in my yard ... I think the Mobile art gallery is a wonderful idea... Barb xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

kitchen tip #?????

being unaccustomed to public speaking,

I've been trying to contact Haagen-Dazs