Sunday Selections # 288



Welcome back to Sunday Selections!

This once-a- week-meme was originally begun by Kim of Frog Ponds Rock, as a way to showcase some of the many photos we all take, but don't get around to showing on our blogs.

The rules are very simple:-
1. post photos of your choice, old or new, under the Sunday Selections title
2. link back to me, River, somewhere in your post
3. leave me a comment so that I know you've joined in and can come over and see what you've posted.
4. hop on over to Elephant’s Child to see more of her wonderful photos.
 
I usually go with a theme for my Sunday Selections but this week is a random selection.

We'll start with "happy happy oh joy"; my daffodils, which I'd thought stolen, (ooops, sorry, I was wrong) have made a surprise reappearance. Little green spikes, strappy green leaves, I can hardly wait for the blooms.

daffodils!


with sunshine!

little green spikes. look in the top left corner. see that fuzzy hair?

it's Angel. he was sniffing at the camera, and here he was distracted by someone walking in the driveway.

more little green spikes, a little out of focus, but still a welcome sight.
I'm hoping all of the 14 bulbs I planted two years ago will come up.

this is an outdoor lift cage at a construction site in the city

I watched it going up...

and down, for quite some time, while waiting for the bank to open.

this old stump is just inside the fence of our Waite Arboreum, next to one of the bus stops I use to get to my nearest BigW store.

I love the weathering and slow decay

those grooves look like they've been made by a comb

I often think of it when I think of fairies, this stump seems a perfect home for them

and now, something to make you smile. remember when your children were very young and couldn't say beautiful? They'd say boofle, right?

well, let me introduce: Boofle:

he showed up first on greeting cards: 
Boofle xxx made with 100% love and cuddles (oh and lots of yarn and a little button!)

here is what the blurb says:

Grandad's woolly cardy had seen better days, it was still soft and cosy, but a little bit frayed.
There were holes in the elbows and just one button remained, but from this, Nanny was sure something else could be made.
So she started to sew on that cold winter's night, and Boofle was born, much to the children's delight.
Boofle was all that a snugglesome pup should be, lovable and cuddly and a best friend to you and me.
by David Blake

I first met Boofle on this card, given to me by one of my best friends, when I was leaving Coles

look at that sweet little 'crying' face, it made me cry too.

now Boofle is on coffee mugs too

this one says: Time for a Cuppa, as you can plainly see,

and this one says: I wish I was still in bed

There are many other designs, including one that says Greatest Best Friend Ever, but these were on sale, half price, and when I went back for it, it was gone :(
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 





Comments

  1. That's what I'm missing now, my greatest best friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joanne; I'm sorry to hear that, perhaps in time you'll find another.

      Delete
  2. Yippee for your daffodils! Bright sunny day there, I know you are looking toward spring. That stump is very artistic looking, for some reason I like and appreciate old, dead wood. I suppose because I used 'pretty' instead of 'beautiful' - my kids would have said 'pree', except the youngest, he waited until he could say it right and out it came. Very cute little Boofle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. S.J.Qualls; we have lots of bright sunny days, even in winter, we're having one again today after yesterdays sunshine. I love weathered dead wood, the silvery colour, the way the grain twists and turns.

      Delete
  3. Woo Hoo. I am so glad your daffodils have come come back. Love the weathered wood, and boofle. Those cages remind me of the glass lifts. I have real problems with them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elephant's Child; the cage lift is almost fully enclosed so quite safe, but I know many people don't like them simply because they are outside so you can see how high up you are going. I'd love it, my ex would be sick from it.
      I'm glad to see the daffodils back and there are more of them now, so perhaps all fourteen will make an appearance after all. Boofle is my favourite right now, if he ever appears as a toy, I'll buy one for sure.

      Delete
  4. Signs of spring have arrived. Those lifts are usually driven by someone. Not a bad job of you are a chatty type. I'd not heard of Boofle. Cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andrew; winter hasn't been so bad so far, but now the frosty mornings have come, I'm looking forward to spring.
      There was a driver in the lift, I noticed a hard hat. Boofle has been around for a few years now, I'm waiting for him to become a soft toy so I can buy one.

      Delete
  5. Boofy is a cutie. We never hear the word "Boofhead" much anymore...it was pretty popular when I was young. I know my brother called me a "boofhead" quite often...and I willingly returned the favour! :)

    I hope you have a great week, River...cuddles to your boy, Angel. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lee; Boofle is no boofhead, that's for sure. He's way too cute! I remember several boofheads from when I was young, all boys.

      Delete
  6. I got a few of those green shoots too they are very exciting.
    Merle............

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merle; I'm excited to see my daffodils come back; since they didn't show after the first year, I really thought someone had stolen them. I'm pleased to be wrong about that. I noticed yesterday that all my freesias now have buds so we'll be seeing blooms soon.

      Delete
  7. This post was Boofle!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Who can behold the unfolding of each new spring and all its blossoms without feeling the renewal of Natures ancient rapture

    ReplyDelete
  9. Vest; exactly! It's an annual miraculous rebirth.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad your daffys finally began to come through and I am sure you will have a beautiful display before too long.
    Don't cats love you to be outside with them and they always have to be part of what you are doing.
    Love the tree stump and would you believe that in the very first one I can see a tiny fluffy dog hiding. It just sort of stood out and I wonder if you can see it.
    Love Boofle and I'd not heard of him before. The little poem about how he became is a delight.
    That lift....not not for me thanks.
    Thanks for sharing so many wonderful things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mimsie; Boofle is my favourite new thing, although he's been around now for about three years.
      I'll have to have another look at that tree stump, I didn't notice anything but the wood.
      I'm looking forward to seeing my bright daffodils.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

kitchen tip #?????

being unaccustomed to public speaking,

I've been trying to contact Haagen-Dazs