sometimes on the way to your dream, you get lost and find a better one
I'm going to try this one more time
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
Ha Ha!!
Happy Dance, Happy Dance.....a few minutes of last Saturday's rain.
Or was it the Saturday before that?
Yeah, that was it.
Gosh I hope it plays.....
Delores; I'm grinning quite insanely here, I'm so happy it plays!
Elisabeth; as I type this, it's raining again. We're having a wet February.
Jennifer Kay; Australia is a fairly dry country, with South Australia being the driest state, we have winter rain, but not often summer rain. I was testing the video skills, I still haven't got the hang of stopping the recording before moving the camera, that's why the blurred bit at the end.
Plasman; it's raining again here right now. According to news sources, we had more rain in one day last week, than we usually get in the whole of February.
Kath Lockett; the trick is to remember to use the "add video" (film clapboard) icon instead of the "add photo" icon on the new post window. It helps if the video clips are quite short. This one was about 20 seconds (24.1MB). Do you know how to make short videos with your camera? I'm going to try this again later in the week and see if I can show the bikers toy run clip that I've failed with before.
It's too cold for rain where you are, the drops are freezing as soon as they leave the clouds!
Hi River, I upload my video to YouTube as private footage then simply link it to my blog or FB account when I want to use it. Most web sites are already set up to use YouTube videos and this makes it much easier and of course...free
Long ago, Kim of Frog Ponds Rock, (who no longer blogs), dreamed up a meme called Sunday Selections. A place where those who were willing could put up photos they wanted to share, new, old, good, bad or indifferent, any photos you please. Nothing rude or vulgar though. And we don't mind at all if other bloggers care to join us. In memory of Elephant's Child, the meme is now continued by myself and a few others. Andrew is one. Messymimi is another. Drop in to their blogs and have a look. Wisewebwoman has also been joining us occasionally. Starting this week with a "wish" who remembers cupping one of these in the palm of your hand, making a wish and then blowing it away? If it flew up and away your wish was supposed to come true. I dug around in the pot where I had planted pieces of a sprouting potato and came up with these tiny morsels, the coffee mug is for size reference. Did I already show this recently? I bought a couple of "Heirloom" tomatoes fo...
Long ago, Kim of Frog Ponds Rock, (who no longer blogs), dreamed up a meme called Sunday Selections. A place where those who were willing could put up photos they wanted to share, new, old, good, bad or indifferent, any photos you please. Nothing rude or vulgar though. And we don't mind at all if other bloggers care to join us. In memory of Elephant's Child, the meme is now continued by myself and a few others. Andrew is one. Messymimi is another. Drop in to their blogs and have a look. Wisewebwoman has also been joining us occasionally. Charlotte's colour of the month for May is Gold : The colour of sunshine, daffodils, little yellow dandelions before they become puffballs, baby chicken and ducklings too are golden . the pan is prepared, the ingredients are measured and ready, look at those gloriously golden egg yolks, and the golden butter, let's mix and bake just out of the oven, a golden lemon ricotta cake time to take off the paper, and see it ...
Welcome to 2026! I hope this is a good year for everyone, hopefully even better than last year. Try not to fall over folks, it's not fun. 🌞🎈🎉 Coming to you from sunny Australia, that big lump of land under the equator. Sunday Selections will be continuing, hosted by me , participation is optional, if you can't manage every week for any reason, that's okay. Words for Wednesday will also be continuing, hosted by me , and again, participation is optional, play when you can, take a break when you need to. Charlotte will be providing a colour for each month as she did last year, we try to use the colour somewhere in our posts, either photographing something with that colour or using it in another way. This month's colour is Carmine: Isn't that just gorgeous? And why is my text in two different sizes?
It plays...success.....
ReplyDeleteI too have forgotten what rain looks like, after two weeks and none in sight. It's good to be reminded, River. Thanks.
ReplyDeleteIs rain rare where you live or were you just testing out your video skills? ;)
ReplyDeleteHi River,
ReplyDeleteWe have had rain ALL DAY here. I've just come back from a gigi in Manchester - and it was peeing down on the way there at least.
I'll have to video a Manchester shower - they are common enough.
:0)
Cheers
PM
Yep, it plays fine, well done :-).
ReplyDeleteDelores; I'm grinning quite insanely here, I'm so happy it plays!
ReplyDeleteElisabeth; as I type this, it's raining again. We're having a wet February.
Jennifer Kay; Australia is a fairly dry country, with South Australia being the driest state, we have winter rain, but not often summer rain.
I was testing the video skills, I still haven't got the hang of stopping the recording before moving the camera, that's why the blurred bit at the end.
Plasman; it's raining again here right now. According to news sources, we had more rain in one day last week, than we usually get in the whole of February.
Windsmoke; I was determined to work it out.
I love the rain, the sounds, the smells and the clean freshness after it stops. We could do with a bit more of it up this way though..
ReplyDeleteTempo; we're getting plenty down here. I love the smells too.
ReplyDeleteWell done, River.
ReplyDelete...I don't know how to do that yet.....
And even though it's minus seven here, we haven't had rain for weeks and weeks!
Kath Lockett; the trick is to remember to use the "add video" (film clapboard) icon instead of the "add photo" icon on the new post window. It helps if the video clips are quite short. This one was about 20 seconds (24.1MB). Do you know how to make short videos with your camera?
ReplyDeleteI'm going to try this again later in the week and see if I can show the bikers toy run clip that I've failed with before.
It's too cold for rain where you are, the drops are freezing as soon as they leave the clouds!
Hi River, I upload my video to YouTube as private footage then simply link it to my blog or FB account when I want to use it. Most web sites are already set up to use YouTube videos and this makes it much easier and of course...free
ReplyDeleteAhhhh rain!!! I love the sound of it on a tin roof and the smell of its coming. Thanks for this.
ReplyDeleteTempo; I've yet to work out how to upload to youtube, perhaps you could give me a hint here?
ReplyDeleteChristine; I love the smell of rain coming too. I haven't heard rain on a tin roof for such a long time, quite possibly since before I married.