I got out the big scissors...

This morning, before walking to work, I went into the bathroom to put a little sunscreen on my face.
Squeezed the tube and nothing came out. Put the cap back on, squeezed from the sealed end towards the cap, then tried to get some out again.
Still nothing.
So I got out the big scissors and a flat blade knife. I wanted sunscreen and I wasn't going to be denied!

Cut the tube twice through it's middle and used the flat blade knife to scrape out the sunscreen left inside. (I do the same thing with handcreams and hair conditioners.)

Check this out! This Tupperware snack cup is now two thirds full of sunscreen! Just think; how much is that to waste if I just threw out what appeared to be an empty tube!

Remember the old song, "Diamonds are a Girl's Best Friend"?
Wrong!
Sunscreen is a girl's best friend.


Comments

  1. True! And I'm going to do a bit of 'tube squeezing' this weekend because we have a few bottles with stuff left in them that languishes in the bathroom cupboard, unused....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kath; if they're all of one origin, for instance shampoos, or conditioners, or moisturisers, empty them all into one bottle, shake vigorously and use. For things like the above items and liquid handwash too, most of the ingredients are the same, so they can be combined and used up quite effectively. Saves quite a few $$$.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, those suckers are designed to make you throw them out and buy a new one, when there is so much left in it.
    Men are atrocious for that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That really surprised me. I confess that I tend to go 'oh well' and chuck them out. Not anymore! Thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jayne; there is method in their madness. At least before the soft plastic tubes we could squeeze every last bit out of the older type. I remember rolling the toothpaste tube from the bottom, so as not to waste any.

    life in a pink fibro; glad to help you save money. Do the same with toothpaste tubes.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

kitchen tip #?????

being unaccustomed to public speaking,

I've been trying to contact Haagen-Dazs