Sometimes on the way to your dream,

you get lost and find a better one.

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

the disqus retraction

Some time ago, I wrote about the Disqus comment thread; the problems it was causing; why I hated it and would never use it. Several commenters agreed with me and a couple had said they no longer had Disqus as their comment option. Well, since then I've read a blog or three where I felt I just had to leave a comment. They had Disqus for their comments, so I prepared to wait the necessary length of time to leave my comment. Only to find that was no longer the case. The comment box opened quickly, my comment appeared as I was typing and entering my name and password took much less time than before. After clicking submit, my comment appeared in the thread immediately. I don't know what happened to cause this beneficial change, but I'm no longer avoiding Disqus.

7 comments:

  1. It's been playing nicely for me too! Maybe they did an update?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Disqus Retraction sounds like it should be the name of a Big Bang Theory episode.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, it's been behaving itself on a few blogs for me recently, too.
    Hell must have frozen over *snort*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Veronica; Maybe they read my post on how I hated it.

    no-one; Yes. Yes it does.

    Ro; I don't think hell has frozen over just yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh okay then, I'll start giving it a second chance then too, River. On your head be it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. me too! I despised it so. But now it works again for me.

    ReplyDelete