I dreamed I was running

Not running for a bus.
Not running to or from something or somewhere.
Not running in fear of my life.
Not chasing something or someone.

In my dream, I was walking through Rundle Mall, Adelaide, when I suddenly started running.
Just for the heck of it.
Just because I love to run.
In the dream, that is.
In real life, I don't run.


As I was running, I morphed into my much younger self.
My body thinned, my arthritis disappeared, and strangely, my clothes changed and I was suddenly wearing white shorts and a white t-shirt.


In my dream, I could feel the breeze on my face caused by the running.
I could feel my joints, my limbs and muscles working as they used to.
I could feel the smoothness, the ease, the flexibility.
I could feel the easy breathing.
There was no gasping or shortness of breath, so the asthma was gone too.
I could feel that I was really enjoying the running.
(Just as I now enjoy the walking.)
I wanted to run forever.


At the same time, I knew that I was dreaming.

Comments

  1. I always remember being sixteen and walking somewhere when I felt a bursting energy so stupendous, so intolerable, I had to run

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like the inner child of days gone by took you for a run.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know why? It's because, despite your age or money worries or other issues, you're FREE. Your blog is clear evidence of this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. R.H. I remember being sixteen and doing the exact same thing.

    Windsmoke; Luckily the inner child chose a dream run. A real run would see me laid up for weeks.

    Kath; I do feel the freedom. Every single day.

    Kass; lovely feeling isn't it? Strong, supple, speedy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "A real run would see me laid up for weeks."

    That's funny. My first laugh this weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

kitchen tip #?????

being unaccustomed to public speaking,

I've been trying to contact Haagen-Dazs